IsaacZ 发表于 2007-5-16 09:02:41

英文脑筋急转弯

<div class="postcolor">1. Why has no one climbed the largest known extinct volcano?<span style="COLOR: red;">The largest, known extinct volcano is Mons Olympus on Mars.</span>2. John is guilty of no crime, but he is surrounded by professional people, one of whom hits him until he cries. Why?<span style="COLOR: red;">John is a newborn and the doctor belts him</span>3. One hundred feet up in the air, it lies with its back on the ground. What is it?<span style="COLOR: red;">a Dead centipede</span>4. I have on a piece of paper the winning numbers in the next lottery. I am an avid gambler, yet I feel I have very little chance of winning. Why?<span style="COLOR: red;">I would have to choose six numbers for the lottery jackpot. My piece of paper contains all the numbers, so it must contain the winning numbers.</span>5. A boxer left the ring after winning the world championship. His trainer took all the money and he never got a cent. Why not?<span style="COLOR: red;">The boxer was a dog that had just won the championship at a dog show.</span>6. I saw a man I had never seen before, but I immediately knew who he was. He was not famous and had never been described to me. He was not unusual nor doing anything unusual. How did I recognize him?<span style="COLOR: red;">An identical twin of someone I know.</span>7. What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?<span style="COLOR: red;">A Towel</span>8. I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn’t find it. What is it?<span style="COLOR: red;">A splinter</span>9. I’m where yesterday follows today, and tomorrow’s in the middle. What am I?<span style="COLOR: red;">A dictionary</span> And I bet you read it, too!10. You can have me but cannot hold me;Gain me and quickly lose me.If treated wit care I can be great, And if betrayed I will break.What am I?<span style="COLOR: red;">TRUST</span></div><div class="postcolor">来源:<a href="http://www.tylersroom.org/forums/index.php?s=150f9c60a8b1ec3dde0eb45a93fba15b&amp;showtopic=1096">http://www.tylersroom.org/forums/index.php?s=150f9c60a8b1ec3dde0eb45a93fba15b&amp;showtopic=1096</a></div><div class="postcolor"></div><div class="postcolor"></div>

IsaacZ 发表于 2007-5-16 09:04:44

另一组,但是没有答案:1. A man called his wife from the office to say that he would be home at around eight o'clock. He got in at two minutes past eight. His wife was extremely angry at his late arrival. Why? 2. During a golf competition, Paul's ball ended up in a bunker inside a little brown paper bag that had blown onto the course. He was told that he must either play the ball in the bag or take the ball out of the bag and incur a one stroke penalty. What did he do? 3. The teacher gave Ben &amp; Jerry a written test. Ben read the test, then folded his arms and answered none of the questions. Jerry carefully wrote out good answers to the questions. When the time was up, Ben handed in a blank sheet of paper while Jerry handed in his work. The teacher gave Ben an A and Jerry a C. Why? 4. I saw a man I had never seen before, but I immediately knew who he was. He was not famous and had never been described to me. He was not unusual nor doing anything unusual. How did I recognize him? 5. A man bought a pair of shoes that were in good condition and that fit him well. He liked the style and they looked good. However, after he had worn them for one day he took them back to the shop and asked for a refund. Why? 6. Why does a man drive his car on a long journey at a steady fiften miles per hour? The speed limit is well above that and his car is in full working order and capable of high speeds. 7. An industrial archaeologist was examining an abandoned factory in a remote place with no one in sight or within earshot. He climbed to the top of an old 100-foot chimney by means of a rusty old ladder attached to the outside of the chimney. When he get to the top, the ladder fell away, leaving him stranded. How did he get down? 8. A policeman shot a dead man. He was not acting illegally. Why did he do it? 9. A woman is reading a newpaper alone. She hears the phone ring in the room next to the one she is in. Although she knows that the call is probably important, she does not bother to answer it. Why not? 10. A man shot his wife dead. She was not threatening him or anyone else. He then gave himself up to the police. They released him. Why? 11. During an examination, a medical student is handed a human femur (thigh bone). The examiner asks the student, "How many of these do you have?" The student replies, "Five." "Wrong," says the examiner, "You have two femurs." But the student was right. How come? 12. A Man was given two clocks by his wife as a Christmas present. He did not collect clocks and they already had plenty of clocks in the house. However, he was very pleased to receive them. Why? 13. A man builds a machine into which he feeds colored paper. Out of the other side come perfect $100 bills. Experts cannot tell them from real ones. How does he do it and why does he sell the machine? 14. Two men are in a boat drifting in the Atlantic Ocean a hundred miles from the nearest land. They have no drinking water on board, no radio, and they have no contact with any other boats or people. Yet they survive for a long time. How? 15. A policeman stopped a man for dangerous driving. As the policeman walked toward the car, the man rolled down the window and waved his fist at the policeman. Later, he thanked the policeman for saving his life. Why? 16. The mass murderer Ted Bundy was very careful never to leave any fingerprints at the scene of any of his crimes, and he never did. Yet fingerprint evidence helped to incriminate him. How come? 17. In a convent, the novice nuns at the dinner table are not allowed to ask for anything such as the salt from the other end of the table. This is because they should be so aware of one another's needs that they should not need to ask. How do they get around this prohibition? 18. THe famous physicist Ulam one day noticed that several his best graduate students had disappeared from his university. They had in fact gone to Los Alamos to take part in the top-secret preparations for the first atomic bomb. They were sworn to secrecy. How did Ulam find out where they had gone? 19. What cartoon character owes his existence to a misprint in a scientific journal? 20. A Young couple went to a theatre to watch a movie. After fifteen minutes they decided to leave. They had had a perfectly good view of the movie, which was running in perfect order. The cashier gave them a full refund. Why?
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 英文脑筋急转弯